(As seen on @wyldandfit)
You might think your eyes are deceiving you but no, there really is such a thing as low carb gluten free pizza – helping put an end to those guilty cravings for stodgy yummy pizza, but without actually having to count it as your cheat meal! Hooray!
This low carb, gluten free, pizza is the perfect, guilt free, go to for a quick nutritious and tasty warm meal and is a lifesaver on those days (perhaps when you might have a hangover!) when you need a little comfort food – it just seems to hit the spot!
Taking just under 25 mins to make from start to finish, prep and cook time combined, this recipe is so quick and easy, virtually anyone can make it!
From a dietary perspective it is GLUTEN FREE, contains NO SUGAR and will give your daily intake a good boost of healthy fibres, omega 3’s and quality proteins all at the same time!
So how do you make it…
Low Carb Gluten Free Pizza Recipe
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup flaxseed
- What ever your heart desires but our favourites are…
- Tomato puree
- Spicy pulled chicken
- Red onion
- Jalapeños or peppers
- Grated cheese
- A sprinkle of basil or mixed herbs
Other things you need:
- Baking/Pizza Tray
- Baking Paper
- Rolling Pin
- Turn your over on – 200ºc (fan)
- Mix all the base ingredients together in a bowl until it forms a round dough ball.
- Stand for 1-5 mins
- Grab a square of baking paper – this helps to stop the dough sticking to the bottom of the tray (and the surface you are rolling it out on), it also means no washing up as it protects the tray from getting dirty!
- Roll dough out (on the baking paper) into round pizza base using rolling pin or hands to press. You may want to wet your hands and/or the rolling pin to stop the dough sticking.
- Cook, in the centre of your oven, for 10 mins.
- Now add the toppings that you want.
- Cook for a further 5-8 mins
- Serve up and enjoy!
We like to make sure we get our daily does of leafy greens, so why not try a mixed side salad to accompany your pizza and hit your veg target for the day!