Gluten Free Healthy Pancakes
You may have heard of the ‘2 ingredient banana pancake recipe? Well this is my variation on that – I always found that method fell apart on me!
These pancakes not only taste great but are a brilliant way to help you feel that you are enjoying an indulgent breakfast whilst staying healthy (ish – if you skip the maple syrup) at the same time and free from gluten! Win win!
They are also so simple and quick to make you dont just have to have them at weekends, you might find you have time to make them in the week too!
- In a bowl, roughly mash with a fork the large banana.
- Beat in the two eggs.
- Add a pinch of cinnamon powder for taste
- To give a thicker consistency, which stops the pancakes falling apart when cooked, I had a spoon or two of flaxseed powder, or protein powder (vanilla or chocolate flavours both work well) on days when I am working out.
- Cook in small sizes (about 10 – 12cm diameter) 2-3 mins each side.
- Serve with toppings of your choice
Ingredients For 1 Person/Serving:
- 2 x eggs
- 1 x large banana
- A pinch of cinnamon
- A spoonful or two or flaxseed
- Top with a handful of berries, seeds and nuts + organic maple syrup if your feeling naughty!